Aloha Drive-In Movies screenings are back! The popular drive-in event is presenting two films every Friday and Saturday at Ala Moana Center all through February. Both films presented each night share a theme–i.e. “Black History Month: We Need A Hero” for SPIDER-MAN INTO THE SPIDERVERSE and BLACK PANTHER on February 5 and BILL & TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE and JOHN WICK 3 for “#Keanuthon” on February 6. Check out the full schedule and themes for each night.
To sweeten the programming, HIFF is partnering with ADIM to present some of our favorite Hawai‘i-made short films as part of each screening event. Starting this week, HIFF39 Audience Award Winner HAE HAWAI‘I (Friday, February 5 at 9:00pm, preceding BLACK PANTHER) and HIFF40 Made in Hawai‘i and Audience Award Winner HAWAIIAN SOUL (Saturday, February 6 at 8:30pm, preceding JOHN WICK 3) kick things off for an entire month celebrating locally made, independent cinema!
Below is the local shorts screening schedule:
- Friday, Feb. 5 at 9:00pm – HAE HAWAI‘I directed by Ty Sanga (preceding BLACK PANTHER)
- Saturday, Feb. 6 at 8:30pm – HAWAIIAN SOUL directed by ‘Āina Paikai (preceding JOHN WICK 3: PARABELLUM)
- Friday, Feb 12 at 8:55pm – OTHER PEOPLE directed by Bryson Kenoa Chun (preceding GREASE: SING-A-LONG)
- Saturday, Feb 13 at 8:45pm – LAST TAXI DANCE directed by Brayden Yoder (18m, preceding CRAZY RICH ASIANS)
- Friday, Feb 19 at 9:00pm – MO‘O! directed by Anela Ling (19m, preceding THE GOONIES)
- Saturday, Feb 20 at 8:45pm – CHARITY directed by Mitchel Viernes (preceding THE INVISIBLE MAN)
- Friday, Feb 26 at 8:05pm – HO‘OMAU! directed by Kenji Doughty (preceding JURASSIC WORLD)
- Saturday, Feb 27 at 9:15pm – KAPAEMAHU (preceding STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE)
You must buy a ticket to the feature to watch the short. To pre-order your ticket, click on the film titles above or head over to Aloha Drive-In Movies website.