Employment & Internship Opportunities
2019 HIFF Seasonal Staff Positions
The Hawai‘i International Film Festival (HIFF) is looking for skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to assist with the planning and production of the 39th annual Hawai‘i International Film Festival, which will take place from November 7-17, 2019.
Seasonal Staff are paid positions that include roles such as Transportation Coordinator, Events Coordinator, and Social Media Coordinator. Scheduling and work hours will be flexible and variable, with required hours increasing leading up to and during the film festival.
Seasonal Staff positions at HIFF offer excellent opportunities to experience and participate in an exciting film and cultural event. Staff will get hands-on experience with festival planning and implementation, as well as gain exposure to the Asian American arts community.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL SEASONAL STAFF POSITIONS
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication skills.
- Team player who can also work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is not afraid to ask questions.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Basic knowledge of Internet (all browser platforms and advance search), Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter.
- Vehicle access and driver’s license very desirable.
- Ability to work flexible hours before, during, and after the festival.
HOW TO APPLY
These are part-time paid positions, and staff are responsible for finding their own room and board if you are not a current resident of Hawai‘i. To apply for a seasonal staff position please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Current Available Positions
POSITION: FESTIVAL DRIVER
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: November 5, 2019 - November 26, 2019
TIME COMMITMENT: 10 - 20 hours per week, part-time festival hours
PAY: $15/hr (Contract, exempt, temporary, no benefits)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Hawai'i International Film Festival is currently seeking festival drivers to drive festival vehicles to transport festival filmmakers and guests to/from airport, venues and hotels in and around the Honolulu area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Guest Services Coordinator in all facets related to the Transportation needs of all guests (and accredited individuals)
- Drive guests during the HIFF
- Review schedule daily and perform scheduled transportation movements
- Communicate information to manager with strategic text messaging upon arrivals, departures and planned pick up times to ensure better service levels
- Communicate with fellow drivers during shifts and problem solve with team to optimize service
- Serve as first contact for questions / concerns and forward any relevant messaging internally to Senior Staff
- Monitor flight times and share changes if helpful
- Assist guests and support Transportation and HIFF brand
- Retain any reimbursable expense receipts and log personal time records
- Answer questions from guests and forward inquiries to proper managers if necessary
- Report any issues to manager promptly
- Maintain a professional attitude and respect every passenger’s privacy, including their personal information such as cell phone numbers and accommodation details
- Provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere for passengers throughout their journey
- Keep vehicle clean, gassed, spacious, and in operational shape at all times
- Proficiency in a second language is highly desired
- Valid US Driving License
- Clean driving record
- Personal Auto Insurance policy
- Knowledge of local streets and traffic patterns
Please send resume and a note to us here