FRAGILE EARTH

This AR experience will be FREE to the public and will be available in-person at the Entrepreneurs Sandbox NOV 20 & 21 from 12:00PM – 6:00PM.

Often compared to a magnificent blue marble from the perspective of outer space, planet Earth appears almost entirely blue. This view is not far off: the vast majority of water on Earth belongs to our Oceans, which take up approximately 71% of the Earth’s surface. The other 29% consists of continents and islands.

Our planet can often seem larger than life, and vast beyond measure. But in relative terms, when it comes to climate change we are all closely connected. Global warming impacts water cycles by influencing when, where, and how much precipitation falls. Over time, rising temperatures create more droughts, floods, and severe weather. The impact of these water crises is highly unequal, which exacerbates gender, income, and sociopolitical inequity.

The flowing of mist in this AR experience is a metaphor for the fragility of our collective environment on Earth. To view Fragile Earth is to reflect on the impact humans have on our planet’s delicate ecosystem.

More works at HIFF41 by Taiji Terasaki: https://www.taijiterasaki.com/hiff41-works 

PLAYS WITH: HIFF XR Showcase

In-Person

Showtime Dates: November 20 - 21 2021
Time: 12:00 pm
Location: Entrepreneurs Sandbox

Online Access

Live Stream

Film Details

DIRECTOR(S)Taiji Terasaki

You Might Also Like:

Film Details

PREMIERE STATUS: Hawai’i Premiere
YEAR: 2021

SHARE THIS: 

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
X