VOLUNTEERING FOR HIFF
HIFF promises to be an exciting and memorable experience. As one of the largest film festivals in the world, HIFF brings together the film industry, local filmmakers, international stars, first-time actors, and film enthusiasts from all walks of life for our cinema and educational programming.
This annual event continues to highlight a great selection of films from around the world. Volunteers are most needed for program guide distribution, theater operations, visiting filmmaker interpretation and special events during this festival.
To become a volunteer we ask that you work a minimum of two shifts and if you have never volunteered before, attend one of our scheduled volunteer orientation meetings.
We look forward to having you as part of the HIFF Team!
Advance registration for volunteer orientation on Shiftboard is recommended but not required.
If it is your first time volunteering, please don't be shy and join us when you are available! We would be happy to give you a 15-minute rundown of volunteer duties and expectations before the start of your first shift. Please email email@example.com for more information.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AS A VOLUNTEER:
- You will have a rewarding experience while being treated with courtesy and respect
- Although you will work hard, you can expect to have fun.
- Volunteer shifts run approximately 5 hours.
- You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at how a festival is run and learn more about the entertainment business.
- You’ll work with a team of professionals that enjoys movies just as much as you do.
- You’ll make new friends and connections.
- You’ll have the opportunity to view films before they are released (as well as some that may never be released).
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM VOLUNTEERS:
- Work a minimum of two shifts.
- We expect you to arrive for your scheduled shift on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to work.
- We expect you to abide by our rules of conduct both on- and off-duty. Remember, you officially represent the festival.
- We expect you to become familiar with the information in the festival brochure.
- We expect you to treat everyone with respect – friendliness and a smile can often make someone’s day.
- If you are unable to make a shift or are running late to a shift, we expect you to contact our Volunteer Coordinator immediately so we may ensure the Festival runs smoothly.
- We expect you to work to your fullest capacity, but allow yourself time to enjoy the festival.
For more information about volunteering for HIFF, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators