Enjoy HIFF40 from the comfort and safety of your own car. We will be showing some family favorites, new indie films from the festival circuit and premiers from our HIFF40 MADE IN HAWAI‘I program.
Admission for 2
$10 ADDITIONAL ADULT (12+) | $8 ADDITIONAL CHILD (3-11)
Maximum 5 people per vehicle
Ala Moana Center
Presented by Aloha Drive-in Movies
Ala Moana Mall
1450 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814
Mall Level 2 – Makai between Neiman Marcus & Macy’s
Varsity Building, Mo‘ili‘ili
Presented by Kamehameha Schools
1110 University Ave, Honolulu, HI 96826
Parking lot at the Varsity Building, across from Burger King.
Windward Mall, Kane‘ohe
Presented by Kamehameha Schools
46-56 Kamehameha Highway, Kaneohe, HI 96744
Top level of Mauka side parking structure, off of Alaloa Street.
HIFF40 DRIVE-IN SCREENING SCHEDULE
BOOK YOUR TICKETS BY CLICKING THE FILM LINKS BELOW
|Thursday, 10/29||5:30 PM||SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2||Ala Moana Mall|
|8:00 PM||GREASE-SING-A-LONG||Ala Moana Mall|
|Friday, 10/30||5:30 PM||THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS||Ala Moana Mall|
|8:00 PM||THE LOST BOYS||Ala Moana Mall|
|Thursday, 11/5||5:30 PM||ALOHA SURF HOTEL||Ala Moana Mall|
|8:00 PM||STORY GAME||Ala Moana Mall|
|Friday, 11/6||5:30 PM||YOUR NAME||Ala Moana Mall|
|8:00 PM||I AM GRETA||Ala Moana Mall|
|Thursday, 11/12||5:30 PM||HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON||Ala Moana Mall|
|8:00 PM||I’M YOUR WOMAN||Ala Moana Mall|
|Friday, 11/13||5:30 PM||JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL||Ala Moana Mall|
|8:00 PM||THE PAPER TIGERS||Ala Moana Mall|
|Saturday, 11/14||7:00 PM||CANE FIRE||Varsity Building / Ka Waiwai|
|Sunday, 11/15||7:00||WATER LIKE FIRE||Varsity Building / Ka Waiwai|
|Thursday, 11/19||5:30 PM||ABOMINABLE||Ala Moana Mall|
|Thursday, 11/19||8:00 PM||LUMPIA WITH A VENGEANCE||Ala Moana Mall|
|Friday, 11/20||5:30 PM||BABY DONE||Ala Moana Mall|
|Friday, 11/20||8:00 PM||THE GIRL WHO LEFT HOME||Ala Moana Mall|
|Saturday, 11/21||7:00 PM||SHADOW IN THE CLOUD||Windward Mall|
|Sunday, 11/22||7:00 PM||THE KĀNAKA MAOLI NEW WAVE: HAWAIIAN SOUL + MAUKA TO MAKAI + THE MOON AND THE NIGHT + HAE HAWAI‘I + DOWN ON THE SIDEWALK IN WAIKIKI||Windward Mall|
It is our goal to provide our community with a fun, safe and relaxing movie experience. It is vital that social distancing and all guidelines are followed at all times. There will be zero tolerance for non-compliance – guests who don’t abide by the rules will be subject to dismissal without refund. This is up to the discretion of security, lot attendants, and management.
- YOU MUST PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES WHEN OUTSIDE OF YOUR VEHICLE
- PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASKS! DO NOT SIT OUTSIDE YOUR VEHICLE.
- NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON PREMISES.
- As a courtesy to the venues, their neighbors and your fellow patrons, please do not honk your horn or flash lights throughout the film.
Health & Safety Guidelines
- Masks will be required by all attendees over the age of two when outside of the vehicle.
- Masks with exhalation valve are not allowed.
- You will need your mask at all times when you are not in your vehicle. This accounts for restroom use, visiting the mall, or leaving the footprint of your vehicle for any reason.
- Parking spaces are distanced by six feet to promote and maintain social distancing.
- Attendees may not bring chairs and sit outside of their cars.
- Vehicle windows, sunroofs, and convertible tops may be opened during the entire event, so long as the vehicle is parked at least six (6) feet away from another vehicle.
- Guests may sit in the bed of their pickup, so long as no object extends above the height of the cab. Sound from the cab or FM radio must be at a reasonable level, or fm headphones may be used.
- All persons attending the event must drive up in an enclosed, two (2) axle vehicle and remain in that same vehicle during the entire event. NO MOTORCYCLES, MOPED, OR TRAILERS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- You must remain within the footprint of your vehicle at all times.
- Attendees are asked to remain in their vehicles when not using the restroom facilities or purchasing from concessions.
- Please follow social distance requirements at all times. Attendees who fail to follow safe distancing at the request of staff will be subject to ejection from the event. No refunds will be given.
There will be ZERO tolerance for those not complying with the above. Guests who cannot or will not comply will be asked to leave the premises and no refunds will be given.
- You may arrive early and park in the parking structure if you would like to browse in the mall before the show. The drive-in lot will not open for entrance until 60 minutes prior to show time.
- Have your Emailed ticket ready to show (either printed out or on your phone) at the box office when you arrive. Your ticket MUST reflect the number of passengers in your vehicle.
- In order to ensure all patrons have an enjoyable experience, please arrive early. Any late arrivals, will not be permitted into the event. Tickets are not refundable nor exchangeable.
- For sightline reasons, taller vehicles such as trucks and large SUVs will be parked towards the rear or the sides so as not to block the views of smaller cars.
- There will be a pre-show program. The feature film will directly follow the short. There will be no break in between films.
- The audio for the movies is broadcast through an FM transmitter (radio), so make sure you have a good sound system in your vehicle. If you don’t have an FM transmitter in your car you can bring a battery-operated stereo with speakers to hear the movies. FM Frequency for the show will be given to you upon arrival
- Some shows will have food options for pre-purchase only. Shows at Ala Moana will have concessions available for purchase on-site
Things to Remember
- Turn off your headlights as to not interrupt the viewing experience for other moviegoers
- You must wear a mask when outside your vehicle to visit the bathroom and mall. You must practice social distancing at all times
- You may bring your own food, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- You may not sit on top of your car, sit outside of your car or gather with others around your car
- Restrooms are located in the mall. When patrons exit their vehicles to use the restroom facilities, they must wear a mask at all times. There can be no more than 5 people in a group while in the mall
In the rare instance that your battery dies, we will have a jump box available to get you on your way