Our volunteers are the backbone of HIFF! With the help of our amazing volunteers, we are able to bring together the film industry, local filmmakers, international stars, first-time actors, and film enthusiasts from all walks of life for our cinema and educational programming. HIFF promises to be an exciting and memorable experience. Join our ohana today!
We are currently recruiting for volunteers to assist with the following:
Cinema In The Park – HIFF monthly screening series at Victoria Ward Park
HIFF Spring Showcase (Postponed until August) – The Spring Showcase will now take place in August (dates pending). Stay tuned for updates.
HIFF40 Fall Festival – November 5 – 15. More information will be forthcoming
Volunteers are most needed for:
- Info booths and operations at Cinema in the Park and Local Farmers Markets
- Theater Operations for festival screenings
- Special Events staff
- Program guide distribution
- Festival Drivers and Airport Greeters
- Visiting Filmmaker Interpreters for Q&As (Korean, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin)
- Tech & Projection Booth Assistants
- Virtual Reality Operations Assistants
- Screening vouchers
- Festival swag
- Snacks, coffee and meals on many occasions
- Tons of friends
- Invitations to parties and festival activities
To become a volunteer we ask that you work a minimum of two shifts and if you have never volunteered before, attend one of our scheduled volunteer orientation meetings.
If it is your first time volunteering, please don’t be shy and join us when you are available! We will give you a 15-minute rundown of volunteer duties and expectations before the start of your first shift.
Please email email@example.com for more information about current volunteering opportunities.
We look forward to having you as part of the HIFF Team!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AS A VOLUNTEER:
- You will have a rewarding experience while being treated with courtesy and respect
- Although you will work hard, you can expect to have fun.
- Volunteer shifts run approximately 5 hours.
- You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at how a festival is run and learn more about the entertainment business.
- You’ll work with a team of professionals that enjoys movies just as much as you do.
- You’ll make new friends and connections.
- You’ll have the opportunity to view films before they are released (as well as some that may never be released).
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM VOLUNTEERS:
- Work a minimum of two shifts.
- We expect you to arrive for your scheduled shift on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to work.
- We expect you to abide by our rules of conduct both on- and off-duty. Remember, you officially represent the festival.
- We expect you to become familiar with the information in the festival brochure.
- We expect you to treat everyone with respect – friendliness and a smile can often make someone’s day.
- If you are unable to make a shift or are running late to a shift, we expect you to contact our Volunteer Coordinator immediately so we may ensure the Festival runs smoothly.
- We expect you to work to your fullest capacity, but allow yourself time to enjoy the festival.